In this course, we will translate Florida Law into plain English, making it EASY for you to understand the legal requirements of your profession.
We tackle the Midwifery Practice Act section by section, review the relevant portions of the Administrative Rule 64B24, and touch on Chapter 456, which contains the violations and penalties you MUST be aware of to protect your license and your patients.
Throughout this review, we try to speak in layperson’s terms (instead of legalese) and attempt to answer common questions you may have about the laws and rules.
Required Renewal Course
Option to download course will expire 6 months after date of purchase.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Discuss the psychotherapist-patient privilege as per F.S. 90.503 including specific applications to clinical practice.
- Discuss F.S. 456, which establishes the regulation of the health professions through the Florida Department of Health, which is empowered to license and regulate health practitioners.
- Be familiar with updates to Ch 456, including the Firearm Owner’s Privacy Act, allowances for military and diverse populations, and exceptions to confidentiality for HIV reporting.
- Describe the requirements for reporting child and elder abuse and other related provisions as per F.S. 415 and F.S. 39.
- Discuss F.S. 491, governing the practices of clinical social work, marriage and family therapy, and mental health counselors.
- Discuss F.A.C. 64B4, which establishes the Florida Board for LCSW, LMFT and LMHC, and defines its authority, procedures, and activities, and includes practice definitions, and requirements for licensure, supervision and specific specialties such as sex therapy, hypnotherapy, sex offender risk assessment and treatment.
- Access all changes and updates to Rule 64B4 that have occurred in the past three bienniums. Participants will be knowledgeable of the rules governing the profession and the range of consequences for violating those rules.
- Review and be familiar with applicable updates to CEU requirements, public comment, attendance at Board meetings, supervision requirements, sex therapy, hypnotherapy, and sex offender treatment.
“The course was great, easy to read, well put together, and flowed very easily.”
— Misty Balzar, Licensed Midwife, St. John’s, FL
“I had the pleasure of speaking directly with the McMillan family and they were so understanding of my circumstances and worked with me on a personal level.”
— Angela Fusco, RMHCI, St. John County, FL
“This course provider was HIGHLY recommended by multiple colleagues and my clinical supervisor. I would definitely take courses from the future and am looking forward to doing so once I’ve obtained my license. Thank you!.”
— Ciara Suarez, RMHCI, Manatee Co, FL